About Me

My photo
Christian. (That means that I know that Jesus is Lord!) Programmer. Gamer. Weak 3D artist. Geek.

Tuesday, 17 July 2007

Communiques with Larry 'Major Nelson' Hryb

After my recent decision to run with Xbox 360 over PS3, I admit, I've had my doubts.

PS3 has PS2 backwards compatibility, Metal Gear Solid 4, the whole range of the coming Final Fantasy XIII games..

I've found some comfort in remembering that 360 has Halo 3, Halo Wars, Blue Dragon, Crackdown, a better unified online service, Live Marketplace, the ability to play my friends over Live (that's obviously 360 specific as none of my friends have a PS3), Final Fantasy XI in HD, Virtua Fighter 5.. online(!), the list goes on..

I also need to remember I already own quite a bit of Live Marketplace content:
All 'The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion' expansions and content
Lumines
Street Fighter 2
All the 'Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter' content
Most of the 'Perfect Dark Zero' content
Geometry Wars
Some of the 'Call of Duty 2' content
Texas Hold 'Em
Uno

Again, the list goes on.

-----

Though, we all need that little extra push every once and a while.

So for comedy value I thought I'd ask my (lie) good friend (/lie), Major Nelson, for a helping hand. (Only a lie because I don't actually know him..)

Major Nelson is the Head of Microsoft's Xbox Live Programming and runs a blog/podcast over at http://www.majornelson.com - Major (real name: Larry Hryb) is an extremely busy man and I've never been able to get to truely chat with him and pick his brain. (Which, Major - if you ever read this - contact me - I want geek chat about XNA and 360 architecture!!)
Link
Anyway, I sent Larry a message explaining that if he sent me a message over Live I would buy a 360 and not a PS3. Simple as. That's all I asked for - and to be honest, knowing it was a little lame and silly I didn't expect a reply.

This was Major's response:



Whilst not the most detailed reply, no worry Major, I'll keep my word. I'll be buying a 360 again this week.

Good timing from Major though - as annoyingly, my Live Gold account has just expired. :/ Typical. :-)

David / RagingAvatar

No comments: