About Me

My photo
Christian. (That means that I know that Jesus is Lord!) Programmer. Gamer. Weak 3D artist. Geek.

Saturday, 23 June 2007

I love Gingerbread Men!

I have been wanting to spend some quality time doing geeky things for quite a while now and have found it either hard to find the time or hard to find the energy.

Tonight, Ed Kitchin's wife Jen is away on a church excursion and Ed came over to continue his 'Shadow of The Colossus' epic (see last post) and I am therefore left with my Macbook - which is by no means a bad thing..

Last August I bought 'The Official Blender 2.3 Guide' in an attempt to learn how to use the famously difficult-to-use-at-first 3D modelling program, Blender which is freely available over at Blender.org.

So I made this gingerbread man from the book - I think he's quite cool looking and when I next get chance I'll add bones to him and create a walking animation video..

This is quite a break through for me as it means that I will soon be able to make simple 3D artwork to export and include in my games..

A great portfolio breakthrough!

Excellent!



EDIT:
Here's (almost) the same image - the difference being that it was produced using the Yafray renderer:



And here is a pearl ;-):



And a Yafray version of the pearl..:



3D modelling is *fun*!

David / RagingAvatar

No comments: